Our school's theme this year was "Do the Right Thing". This could mean many different things such as helping someone who has dropped their binder in the hallway or having the initiative to step up and help your teacher. Doing the right thing can go as far as just smiling at someone and saying "how are you today?". That one simple smile and comment can change their whole day and right then you know you've done the right thing. During the summer keep on doing the right thing and be God's light in the darkness for others who need it as well as yourselves.
Throughout this school year the students and staff of Rivier Academy had done a lot of fundraising through non-uniforms, freshie auction and the parable of talents we did at the beginning of the year where we were given a certain amount of money and were asked to double it using our talents.
My time as your SLC president has come to an end and I will be passing my position over to Kianne Henry. This year has been awesome and I will miss Rivier. As I move on to university and my future, I will always remember what I had learned through my time here on the SLC and just being part of the student body that makes up our Rivier family.
To the graduating class of 2013, this is the time to make mistakes and to learn from them. It is time to take the wrong decisions and keep correcting them till you're finally right. Never forget what you have learned here at Rivier and take those lessons into your future. I know each and everyone of you will go far in life. To the returning students coming back to Rivier in the fall, I encourage you to never give up, keep your head held high and be proud of who you are and what you'll become.
Finally, to the teachers and staff at Rivier, thank you so much for all you have done. Thank you for putting up with my countless questions and outbursts. Thank you for believing in every single student to do the best and push us to be our best.
Now that this school year is almost over and summer holidays are on their way, I want to wish you a great summer, filled with fun and memories. Take the time to relax with friends and family. As I conclude, I just want to thank you again for the opportunity to have been your presidentfor the 2012-2013 year.
Brianne Barbondy
No comments:
Post a Comment